Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna!!!
This dessert is for all the chocolate peanut butter lovers out there! What’s almost better than how this tastes is that it’s a no-bake recipe and can be put together in about 30 minutes. It’s also extremely light and not too sweet. There are so many chocolate lasagna recipes that are too sweet for me, while the peanut butter lasagna recipes tend to be too heavy. With some minor changes, I think this version is just right 🙂
- 1 package Oreo cookies (you will remove the filling – it tends to be easier on regular not double stuffed)
- 6 tablespoons butter, metled
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz. container Cool Whip, divided
- 2 packages chocolate instant pudding mix
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 bag Reese’s Pieces or mini Reese’s Pieces (I prefer the mini – found in the baking isle)
- Remove the filling from all the Oreo cookies (scrapes off easily with a butter knife). If you want a sweeter crust, you can leave the filling. Crush them in either a ziploc bag with a rolling pin, or using a food processor (this is much faster but more to clean). Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press the cookie crumb mixture into a 9 x 13 glass dish and refrigerate for about 5 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. I usually run my mixer on medium to medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, until the cream cheese looks completely smooth. Add the peanut butter and mix for another 1-2 minutes. Now add the 2 tablespoons milk and sugar and mix until combined. Fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip and spread this layer over the chocolate crust. Refrigerate 5 more minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate pudding and 3 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk until mixture thickens then spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least another 5 minutes, or until the pudding layer sets.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Sprinkle the Reese’s Pieces over the top of the Cool Whip. Refrigerate a couple hours before serving.
** If you would like to make this without the peanut butter, just omit the peanut butter from the second layer. Sprinkler mini chocolate chips over top in place of the Reese’s Pieces.