Funfetti Shortbread Bites
I came across these adorable cookies on Pinterest and couldn’t resist giving them a try! They are bite-sized and delicious and my almost 4-year old had so much fun helping me out!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled, unsalted butter, diced into 1 tbsp pieces
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sprinkles (original recipe calls for nonpareils but I used regular and they worked fine)
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper so there is a slight overhang all around.
- In bow of stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until well combined. Mix in almond extract.
- Set mixer on low speed and gradually add in the flour and salt. Leave it mixing on low for several minutes. It will appear sandy at first, just give it time. Once well combined, add in the sprinkles.
- Press dough into an even layer in the prepared pan. You can add more sprinkles on top if you would like. First I used my hands and then I flattened it with the bottom of a glass. Chill in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lift dough from pan using the overhanging parchment paper. Cut into 1/2 inch squares and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet with 1/2 inch between cookies. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.